Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceSpecial Education · 2 months ago

How to block out noise mentally? ?

Hi i have anxiety and autistic spectrum disorder, i struggle with loud noises. There’s kids next door that can some times be loud and noisy and it makes me anxious. I know kids will be kids so it’s expected but i get really anxious when i hear it. How can i block it out mentally and not worry when it happens? not just with ear plugs but generally

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Linda
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

My son has autism and this would drive him nuts. What about a machine that plays white noise to help block it out? My son tried to block it mentally but it didn't work.

• 1 month ago

I have issues with noise, too.  So, I just turn on the kitchen fan.  

• Nathan
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

You can't, that's the point of autism noise sensitivities

• 1 month ago

Yes speak with your neighbors about the noise And politely explain to them about your child's Situation Because I have 2 children who suffer from Autism My adult babies they love music my family were headphones when they were young I brought them a computer And I teach them about how to use it I try to teach them about different sound and my son love music if it gets on his Is nerves he turn it down .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i might have aspergers myself and i will usually run a fan if i dont want to hear other people's noises

• Damien
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

cant do it mentally, cause loud noises will reach your ear and eventually to your brain giving u headches or irritating you. I hate loud noises too, but take care of it with putting size aaa batteries on my ears or even calulator batteries, visually it may book silly but since i got long hair, it stays covered, ear plugs are useless, plastic isnt gonna block noise the way something hard like batteries would.

• 2 months ago

are they are sounds that are soothing such has "white noise"

• 2 months ago

You can talk to you neighbors and explain the issue and ask if they can keep the noise down.

• Rick
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

get a pair of ear phones .......................................................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.