Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceSpecial Education · 2 months ago

How to block out noise mentally? ?

Hi i have anxiety and autistic spectrum disorder, i struggle with loud noises. There’s kids next door that can some times be loud and noisy and it makes me anxious. I know kids will be kids so it’s expected but i get really anxious when i hear it. How can i block it out mentally and not worry when it happens? not just with ear plugs but generally

• Linda
    Favorite Answer

My son has autism and this would drive him nuts. What about a machine that plays white noise to help block it out? My son tried to block it mentally but it didn't work.

I have issues with noise, too.  So, I just turn on the kitchen fan.  

• Nathan

You can't, that's the point of autism noise sensitivities

Yes speak with your neighbors about the noise And politely explain to them about your child's Situation Because I have 2 children who suffer from Autism My adult babies they love music my family were headphones when they were young I brought them a computer And I teach them about how to use it I try to teach them about different sound and my son love music if it gets on his Is nerves he turn it down .

i might have aspergers myself and i will usually run a fan if i dont want to hear other people's noises

• Damien

cant do it mentally, cause loud noises will reach your ear and eventually to your brain giving u headches or irritating you. I hate loud noises too, but take care of it with putting size aaa batteries on my ears or even calulator batteries, visually it may book silly but since i got long hair, it stays covered, ear plugs are useless, plastic isnt gonna block noise the way something hard like batteries would.

are they are sounds that are soothing such has "white noise"

You can talk to you neighbors and explain the issue and ask if they can keep the noise down.

• Rick

get a pair of ear phones .......................................................