Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCommunity Service · 1 month ago

Volunteering all the time, but how am I supposed to live?

I want to volunteer everywhere every chance I get (I’m SUPER passionate about it, so please take this question seriously), but I obviously still need a job to pay for bills, doctor appointments, food, etc.

Anyone have any ideas? 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • mokrie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

If you volunteer at Habitat for the Homeless you will learn construction. Then you can get work building homes. If you volunteer at a soup kitchen you will learn cooking and you can get a job in a restaurant. Look for volunteer work where you will learn a trade and you can have a good resume to get a job.

• 1 week ago

you need income to pay your bills. volunteer less and find a job.

• In
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Your personal needs take priority otherwise you cannot take care of anyone else. Any time you have afterwards can be given to charity if you so desire.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

voluteer to hold your breath

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Good for you. However, you do need at least to be fit and healthy in order to be a valuable volunteer. If an emergency occurs on an airplane people are requested to put on their own mask before helping others. Perhaps you can find a job working for a charity. But at least what ever job you do, whether sweeping the streets or as an important judge or head teacher you can give of yourself and be a shining star! Good Luck!

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Find rewarding work that pays. You can help others and still get paid for it. I am a nurse practitioner. I save lives every shift. I only work three shifts a week so I have plenty of free time. But, I make about $120k. Helping others does not have to be free.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Could you get a paying job at a place that has volunteers, then keep doing your free work at other places? 

Pray to GOD and ask GOD about this. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.