Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCommunity Service · 1 month ago

Volunteering all the time, but how am I supposed to live?

I want to volunteer everywhere every chance I get (I’m SUPER passionate about it, so please take this question seriously), but I obviously still need a job to pay for bills, doctor appointments, food, etc.

Anyone have any ideas? 

• mokrie
    Favorite Answer

If you volunteer at Habitat for the Homeless you will learn construction. Then you can get work building homes. If you volunteer at a soup kitchen you will learn cooking and you can get a job in a restaurant. Look for volunteer work where you will learn a trade and you can have a good resume to get a job.

• 1 week ago

you need income to pay your bills. volunteer less and find a job.

• In

Your personal needs take priority otherwise you cannot take care of anyone else. Any time you have afterwards can be given to charity if you so desire.

voluteer to hold your breath

Good for you. However, you do need at least to be fit and healthy in order to be a valuable volunteer. If an emergency occurs on an airplane people are requested to put on their own mask before helping others. Perhaps you can find a job working for a charity. But at least what ever job you do, whether sweeping the streets or as an important judge or head teacher you can give of yourself and be a shining star! Good Luck!

• Rick B

Find rewarding work that pays. You can help others and still get paid for it. I am a nurse practitioner. I save lives every shift. I only work three shifts a week so I have plenty of free time. But, I make about $120k. Helping others does not have to be free.

Could you get a paying job at a place that has volunteers, then keep doing your free work at other places? 

Pray to GOD and ask GOD about this.