Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesChrysler · 2 months ago

Why do Chrysler 300’s have so many god damn issues?

• Jason

What are the problems? 

its a no car..........mopar

Check the answers you received the LAST time you asked

• g

Because they were made very cheaply and are of sub-par quality.  It's that simple.  

Crappy cars.

I had a 1986 Plymouth mini-van which had a Korean engine. The fuel pump was mechanical on top of engine, driven by camshaft. It had a hole in diaphragm. It would not start after sitting more than 5 minutes off while hot. Took dealer service 18 months of no fixes before I found out through calling a radio show on cars what was really wrong.

The 1993 Voyager was in for its pre-70,000 mile service. The staff at dealer was going to let me drive away with no more warranty and that day's mechanic's report "transmission case is cracked and leaking" written on it. I raised hell. They replaced case at company cost.

Source(s): My friend's son was a ball bearing designer for auto transmissions 30 years ago. He was told this story: Designer at Chrysler put together a new transmission for series of models, but cost was $1501. He was a dollar over the limit on a wonderful model. Was not accepted by Chrysler management. So he had to start all over. Came up with one under the budget limit, but it was complete crap. Failed again and again on the production cars, left owners stranded.

Chrysler has been on the skids for quite some time.  Mercedes bought them but couldn't improve their quality.  So they were bought by Fiat, so Fiat could use their dealer network to sell Fiats.  Fiat might just be the lowest-quality major auto manufacturer in the world.  So Chrysler's quality has continued to slide.

Decades ago, Chrysler was considered by many to be the best of the Big Three.  'Overengineered', they said.  'The engineer's car'.  Now it's probably the worst US car company.  American cars can't keep up with Japan in quality, engineering, innovation, etc.  Now Chrysler can't even keep up with Ford and GM!