How do I find the microphone hidden in my car?

Hello yahoo unlike the majority of my posts in this one I actually have a question instead of a statement. I recently heard about the pre-installed microphone in all American cars to listen to customers and wanted to find it so I could remove it. I have the hood of my car open right now and moved the wires aside and such but still can't see where it is. I'm not really an auto mechanical expert, does anyone know where it is located? Thank you

• Brian
    Favorite Answer

It's very well hidden. You'll probably need to cover the entire car, including the windows, with aluminum foil. As for seeing out of the car to drive, you'll either need to cut out little eye slits, or attach a blue tooth camera that will transmit to either a screen or VR goggles. Too be doubly safe, you could cover both the inside and outside of the car.

• Brian
      1 month agoReport

You either get it, or you don't.

There isn't a hidden microphone. If you have a newer model vehicle, it may have a microphone built into the controls for the entertainment system/GPS/climate controls.

In any case, the cellphone you carry is more useful to spy on you.

I had to do this once. This was back before Trump got in, and his stinky brown predecessor was still in office. I had just bought my '88 Mustang GT, and I just knew someone was watching me when I hopped in one day. So, I found a wiring diagram, went through it from front to back, and sure enough, there was a little microphone tucked away and poorly hidden in the A pillar. I traced it all the way down to the radio, unplugged it, took it out, drove to a pond two counties over, and chucked it in the water. I installed an aftermarket anti-theft system right after that, and Uncle Sam's goons haven't been bothering me since. My neighbor's cat keeps setting the ******* alarm off, but that's a different story. If you do that, you can breathe easy exercising your free speech and saying things like "I'm proud to be a conservative". How do you like that Obama? Oh wait YOU CAN'T HEAR ME MFER

Source(s): Proud conservative
    • STEVEN F
      1 month agoReport

Proud: Maybe. Conservative: No. Sane: Questionable.

The microphone is pre installed on all Onstar equipped vehicles, it allows you to talk to an Onstar agent and make calls via the Onstar satellite service. If you disconnect the Onstar uplink antenna, it will disable the satellite GPS tracking and ability to listen in on the Onstar microphone. Unfortunately, it can not be used via bluetooth as many may think for hands free cell phones. It is usually located by the map lights or drivers head, the Onstar module is usually in the car trunk or under the dash close to the shark fin antenna.

You're looking in the wrong place, it's no use putting a microphone under the hood, the engine noise would drown it out. You need to look in the trunk just forward of the spare wheel.

• Scott

Make sure you put on your tin foil hat first. You don't want them reading your thoughts.

ask a mechanic to help you find it

• Nuff Sed
      1 month agoReport

Yes, and the good ones (who know all about finding your secret microphones, and adjusting your battery-cable return springs) are going to charge you over $200 an hour for their services.

Many modern cars have microphones for Voice Commands to control various functions in the car (radio, A/C, heat, etc.) , including for emergency or navigation such as in GM vehicles that have ONStar. The microphone is usually a small hole over your head located above the center console. But it s not activated until the appropriate button is pressed.

It would be behind the dashboard, if it existed, which it doesn't. If you are worried though, buy a pre-1980s British Import like an Austin Maxi or a Morris Minor instead. Even if a microphone was installed on one of those, the electrics would have packed in on it long ago.

• Snezzy
      1 month agoReport

British beer is warm because Lucas makes the fridges.

There's no microphones installed in your car.

• Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

you don't know ****..