Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

My Dad gets angry sometimes, should I call CPS to get me a new Dad?

• Mark
    Favorite Answer

"Sometimes"... so you never get mad yourself? Must be an interesting life you lead. Emotions aren't wrong, nor good or bad. They are Energy in MOTION. However, because we label and judge them, stuff them down, suppress, repress and deny, they stay locked up, and tend to come out when we cannot control them. Lava always finds the weakest spot. You can see this on the news, all the time. Find a safe way for him to let off steam that doesn't involve taking it out on other people.

yes, depending on what hes doing when hes angry

You don't really get a new Dad BUT you do get a new person to supervise you, probably in a group home.

The good news is that when you turn 18 you leave foster care with the clothes on your back and get to make a whole new life for yourself.

I think you being taken away would make your Dad happy.

Maybe if you do get a new dad, your old one will get happy.

• Leto

If your physical or mental well being is in danger then by all means get help.  Otherwise the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know.  Regardless, get some objective and qualified counselling. They can help you get the tools and resources you need.  Best of luck!

They are fresh out of new dads. I guess you are stuck with the original one.