Any Metallica fans here?

So, I absolutely love 🖤 Metallica! I love all of their old albums from justice for all to master of puppets, to kill em all, to their 90s albums. I have their older albums on cd. Like, master of puppets, kill em all, and justice for all. Idk which one I like the best though. They are one band that I have not seen live yet. I’d love to though. What is your favorite all time song by Metallica? I think mine would have to be for whom the bell tolls. That’s a good one. What about you? 

• Andrew
    Favorite Answer

I was a huge Metallica fan back in the day. I got into them when I was still pretty young, and if I remember correctly, it was "Master of Puppets" that got me into them, but that record had come out when I was just a lad, so I do remember buying 'The Black Album' on the day of its release when I was about 12. 

It's strange to look back on it now, because even though opinions were divided at the time, there wasn't this outright hatred for it that came to exist later. It wasn't until "Load" came out years later that people started to look back on the Black Album and really criticise it. It was definitely weaker, more commercial, and nowhere near as dark or atmospheric, but the songwriting was pretty solid, it showed progression and growth, there was still talent to be found. 

I was also really into all of the other bands in the scene at the time, I loved Megadeth, Slayer, Exodus, Anthrax, Sacred Reich, Testament, Overkill, D.R.I., Suicidal Tendencies, S.O.D., Kreator, all of that... And while I think Metallica were absolutely phenomenal in their prime, I think that after 1991 they just became less and less relevant. In my opinion, "Kill 'Em All" is their best album, just because there's so much raw energy to it. They honed those songs in clubs for years before recording them, and even though the Mustaine versions are LEAGUES better than the recorded versions with Hammett, they're still great songs. 

I never really got all the love for "Ride the Lightning." I thought it was pretty overrated. Half the album sucks. "Fight Fire With Fire" is terrible. The title track is okay, but it's not great. "For Whom the Bell Tolls" is heavy, but pretty mediocre. "Fade to Black" has always been a sissy track. The intro is cool, but it just doesn't build to anything special. The entire second side of the record is rubbish except for "The Call of Ktulu" which is one of my favourite Metallica songs of all time. 

"Master of Puppets" is fantastic. Every track is just killer. Great guitar sound. Great songs. Great arrangements. James' vice sounds great. Love that album. 

"Justice" sounds heavy, but it's all just recording techniques. Those songs are very forgettable. Bilge like "Harvester of Sorrow", "The Frayed Ends of Sanity", it's just filler. There's no bass. The riffs are sub-par. The lyrics are stupid. 

Ad to that the fact that the guys in Metallica are all total and complete arseholes. They're money-hungry douchebags that sue their own fans. They play for 2 hours and play bunk from their later records and treat long-time fans to some bullshit "Killride Medley" for 3 minutes. 

Their post-Black Album career has been abominable. Hammett is a sloppy clown who wahs every goddamn note. They could never have found anybody to replace Burton, but they found a capable replacement in Newsted, and as soon as he suggested that they were becoming pansies, he was fired. 

I mean, I'll always love "Kill 'Em All" and "Master of Puppets", but there are so many better bands out there. Listen to "Rust in Peace" - that's better than anything Metallica ever did besides MAYBE "Master of Puppets." 

I can appreciate a bit of the old nostalgia, but Metallica is no longer a band I go bonkers over, not at all.         

I loved their albums up to the Black Album and lost interest in them afterwards.

Yeah, about 20 or 30 of them.

You might as well be asking this question: "Anybody here love breathable air?"

Seriously dude Metallica is so talked about its a cliche now. Lets talk about some Sacramentum, Slaughter Lord, Destruction, or Paradise Lost or something.

Im seriously tired of talking about Metallica, Led Zepplin, The Beatles, Queen, and thats it. Its f1cking old now. Hackneyed.

Source(s): nothing

Sort Of But Hell Yeah!