Jacob asked in TravelAsia PacificKorea · 2 months ago

How is white privilege explained in south korea?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 days ago

Because they want to 

• 2 months ago

Hi, I'm an idiot and going to ask stupid questions in attempt to prove a point. I don't really know what the point is, but I don't like the whole idea so I will pull a Trump and just act stupid

• 2 months ago

Korean society, as well as other East Asians, are hierarchy-based societies. In this hierarchical society, people's status can affect the way they're respected. In the case of Westerners, they are considered as having higher status. This is because East Asians often look up to the West as rolemodels for progress. Most Western countries are highly developed. As the result of this, Westerners are often treated better than darker skinned people. Darker skinned people place the lowest hierarchy in East Asia, unless they came from Western countries. This is because the poorest countries in the world tend to have darker skinned people as majority.

• Andrew
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Please cite your source. Where did you obtain this incredibly inaccurate bollocks? Have you ever even set foot in this country?

• Andrew
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

White privilege in Korea? Good one. Koreans have zero concept of any such thing. If you're not Korean, you're inferior. They might want to look Western, wear Western clothes, drive Western cars, go on holiday to Western countries, watch Western films and possess Western luxuries, but at the end of the day, if you're in Korea and you're not Korean, there's no privilege at all. You might argue that there's Western privilege if it comes down to a white foreigner versus a foreigner from elsewhere, but Korea favours Koreans in each and every way. It's not official like it is elsewhere - like in Vietnam for example where there are separate prices posted, one for nationals and one for foreigners, but it's not far off. In any dispute between a foreigner and a Korean, the Korean is automatically right, the foreigner is wrong, and the foreigner is 100% at fault. Come here and spend any decent chunk of time and try to tell me different. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

By the eye rounding and nose lengthening surgeries that are so popular. Look less Korean, more white/european —> improves your career opportunities.

• 2 months ago

Exactly .................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.