im not sure  soul mate is true..

but id say soul mate is a partner for ever … some one you love so very much youd die for .

off the net below 

A soulmate is a person with whom one has a feeling of deep or natural affinity. This may involve similarity, love, romance, comfort, intimacy, sexuality, sexual activity, spirituality, or compatibility and trust.

Some one who completes your sentences without thinking.

Just people who you’ve met in past lives.

Like they exist

• Evan4 weeks agoReport

To the asker. **** YOU. *****. TO HELL WITH YOUR SOUL.

• Kin

Special intimate connection with one another who also has the same values, the same beliefs and indescribable, deep, endearing, affinity, intense, natural love and fondness towards the beloved one and one that's through and through.

There is a certain person I feel that way about, very strong feelings and sometimes it feels very intense because I miss them and the way I cry for them is indescribable and painful at times because I yearn for their presence. I can't help how I feel about them and the connection I feel is indescribably extraordinary. They mean a lot to me. I am thankful for that and believe they are part of my heart; my beloved one has a special place in my heart. I believe God caused me to love my beloved one and I am pleased with loving them. I believe God instilled this special connection in my soul.

Someone you've idealized as "the one", when in reality, "the one" could have been a lot of different people.

• Nini

someone who sees eye to eye on everything you believe in

I don't have a definition for that because it's not a thing.  Now if you had asked me to define "soulmate," that'd be different.