Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 weeks ago

Am I really fat?

I'm 5,6 almost 5,7. I am a waist size of 34 and I'm 140. I feel really bad about my body. I'm 14 btw.

Should I go on a diet? My stomach is way to big for my age..

It doesn't sound like you're "fat". Honestly.

If you want to lose some weight, do it the healthy way. There is the Atkins diet and there is the Ketogenic way of eating. Both are healthy

No, you're fine. All silly little teen girls go through this ridiculous 'am I fat' phase.

• LOL you're not fat.

140 at 5'6" isn't fat. It's average.

200 at 5'6" would be fat or a bodybuilder.

no. the average weight for your height (5'6,5'7) is 133 - 163 lbs. in male and 122 - 149 lbs. in female, so youre average.

Putting your given height and weight into a BMI calculator it calculated 22.6 BMI (I used 5'6"). It said it was a normal BMI so technically no, you're not overweight. You're 14 so you're likely still going through puberty and many people who go through puberty experience weight changes whether that be a loss or gain. If you TRULY feel like you need to be on a diet please do it for other reasons than wanting to be skinny. I encourage anyone to embrace a healthy lifestyle but that can only carry you so far if you don't have a healthy mindset going into it. Eating disorders are the deadliest mental illness and that would be far worse than being slightly overweight even though you're not.