Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 3 weeks ago

My parents won’t let me have a phone! I’ve tried everything!?

All of my friends have phones, my parents know this, so every time I go out with them, she has me text her from their phone! It would be reasonable to get a phone right? Not the way my mom sees it! She says I should wait 2 more years for high school, and is even thinking about college. I have literally tried everything and this has been going on for a year now. I need advice!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Just MB to your crushes and have a good time until youre old enough and then life matter

• 3 weeks ago

If you were my child U wouldnt let you have a phone either, too many weirdos out there, wait how are you using this site, school LAN?

• 3 weeks ago

Get a job and start saving

• 3 weeks ago

Sounds like your friends, all need to start telling you no, if you need to text, you need your own phone or money for a pay phone.

So when they ask why you are calling so late, you just say, had to find a pay phone. Your parents are hoping you will stop asking, so do that stop and comply. There is no good reason your friends need to hand over their phones for you to contact your parents. So unless it's a true emergency, stop asking friends for their phones. They want you to stay in touch, "they" provide the means to do so, be that a phone or money for payphones/phone cards.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

So why don't you go to Walmart and buy yourself an over-the-counter telephone are you not responsible enough to purchase and pay for your own phone

• don r
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

............do your algebra.

• Henry
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

That doesn't even make sense. It could be fake news.

• 3 weeks ago

Do you have to money to buy the phone and pay for the plan yourself?

Phones and phone plans can be expensive. Perhaps your parents don't want to added expense of paying for your phone.

• StarShine
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Work doing what? Do you have a job? If so, save up the money and ask again later.

• Greg
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Sounds like they make better decisions than you do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.