Is Yahoo Answers being discontinued? They all but eliminated Yahoo Groups; Answers may be next.?

14 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Considering they've been rolling out a new format for the past several weeks, it's unlikely that closing the site is on the agenda for the near future. It wouldn't make sense to spend the time and money making the changes they have this Summer (adding and removing features, format change, etc) if plans were to end YA completely any time soon.

Just because Yahoo Groups isn't very active, doesn't mean any other part of YA is on the chopping block. It does make sense for them to evaluate every area of Yahoo and determine whether the revenue being derived from it is well in excess of the cost of keeping it running.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Right now its not and there are no Plans at this time for it to be Discontinued I Doubt there gonna anytime soon Especially if they have made some Changes to the Site Recently if they were Planning on closing it down I Doubt they would have been making more changes to the Site

• 2 months ago

All that is a rumor and don't believe it. Remember Yahoo will let us know well in advance when they close down this site.

• 2 months ago

I've been hearing Yahoo Answers is closing, since 2008 .

No reason to believe the same rumors are true now,

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

This sounds like a conspiracy theory

Lv 7
    2 months ago

Feb 31st, 2020 is last day for yahoo answers

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

that rumor has been going around for years already

• Sharon
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yahoo Answers is not being discontinued. That is a rumor only.

• 2 months ago

One can only hope.

• Marduk
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Looks like they are redoing it with the logo and answer minimum limit and captchas.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.