When Christians were children, did they get smiles and treats from their elders after learning the correct responses?

Is this basic reward based training still evident in many of their responses here?

• barty
    Best Answer

I sure did. In my family we could always be assured of smiles and praise if we said the things we learned in Sunday School at home.

Lame attempt to insult what you can't understand.

Yeah. Potty training is successful when done correctly.

What we learn carries on with us. I still can hear my Mother's preaching in the back of my mind. I still have thoughts that are fit into Christian context. You can't just get rid of years of repetitive teachings, just because you suddenly accept different theories. It takes time to weed them out, and sometimes they just go and live a life of their own.

• No, but in just about a week, in many places, people are going to give candy and treats to children to dress up like God's enemies and opposers and preform pagan rituals.