do carnival employees receive all of the tip money we pay the cruise line?

No

All those tips are split between 1000 plus workers on most ships.

They get some of your tip money.

I personally hand bartenders and pool waiters a $20 they can keep all that...but, i want good service and they remember you.

No, they don't, they get tips but normally have to split everything at the end of the nights.         

• Rogue

My wife and I used to cruise with Holland America. On one of our trips, I noticed several employees late at night in the theater siting around counting out money. One was our cabin person. The next day I asked who won the card game last night. He explained that not everyone received tips, so they pool all their tips from house keeping and divide it equally, and other crew do the same thing. The tips that are required when paying for the cruise are also divided amongst all employees, but because there are so many, the tips are quit small. 

Yes - carnival employees receive all of the HSC you pay.  This goes into a pool and is divided between room steward, food servers, bus persons and others behind the scene that make your cruise enjoyable. I believe cash tips handed directly too them are also put into the pool.

Bar tenders are not included but get a portion of the service charge from drinks  Others like hair dressers and masseuse also do not get a cut of the HSC but get to keep what they are given.  Dining room Matre 'd is considered a ships officer and do not get tippedBest thing to do is leave the auto gratuity in place to make sure that everyone who should get tipped, does get their fair portion.

Yes, the tips are divided among employees, which is why the cruise line adds the tips automatically. When people just gave cash, they only gave it to their room stewards and the wait staff in the restaurant.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be crass with that question. I recently took a 5 day cruise and paid an additiona l$137 for gratuity along with about 30 of my friends and family. I also paid $400 for my 6 month old grandbaby to float. We also tipped servers and maids and bar tenders individually. I'm a tipper, and I wondered about the hard working people behind the scenes that we don't see. Over 2000 on the boat. I wondered. I want to tip them, not Carnival. I'm just saying.

• Rogue
      1 month agoReport

As I mentioned above, when crew receive personal tips, many share with other crew members that are behind the scenes. Don't stop your tipping. It is very much appreciated. 

The tip money is divided up. What each person gets is not your business.

If you desire to tip a particular employee for some deed they have done then just tip them directly.

The tips are divided and go to the many that assist during your time on board.

• DCM5150

You don't need to be rude. You don't deserve a tip