Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 4 weeks ago

Do I look like I'm 40-50 years old, how old do I look? ?

I always get called ma'am by store clerks and cashiers and I'm younger than 40. I don't understand this at all. I'm 6 months pregnant so maybe that's why I'm super sensitive about a lot right now. 

Update:

Despite the negative comments (which doesn't bother me) thanks for the positive answers. My fiance told me how lucky he is to have a beautiful woman like me and that's all that matters. I won't be logged in for weeks. But thanks. ☺

Attachment image

27 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best Answer

from these pics you look about 25-35. i dont think being called ma'am has to do with your age. i am 26 and get called sir sometimes in stores

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Having someone that's beauiful doesn't just matter. Personality matters just as much as having so done that's beauiful and he is wrong.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

If you got pregnant the normal way you're clearly not 50. You look to be somewhere between 25 and 30. The real question should be now that you're unmarried and preggers how are you going to raise and support this kid. Hopefully you have a great job and this baby daddy isn't a complete failure.

• Elana
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

If they don't know your name, what would you prefer they call you?

In English speaking countries, "mam" is the formal non-specific female placeholder noun. Its masculine equivalent is "sir".

They could certainly use less formal wording, "toots" comes to mind.

Because there aren't any formal substitutes, you're stuck with mam, regardless of age.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I don't care how old you look.

• 3 weeks ago

I'm not sure if you look 40, 50 years old but you do look 40 to 50lbs overweight

• susan
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Ma'am doesn't mean you look older than 40. Originally it was a respectful address to married women, but now it is used as respect for any adult woman. There has never been a time when it meant anything about being over 40.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

As a cashier employee, I m required to call everyone "sir" or "ma am" out of respect and regardless of their age. You re fine. We are forced to do this. If it were up to me I d be saying "dude" and "dishwasher".

• e9601:
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

You look about 45.

• Bill
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Judging by those sunglasses it must be really sunny INSIDE your house.

Your pregnancy is also quite bizarre since you have been six months pregnant now for a few months. The never ending pregnancy is apparently what you're dealing with there.

Anyway, those sunglasses make it hard to judge your age since you are hiding too much of your face.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.