Is this sentence grammatically correct?

I don't mind being friends with strangers.

Best Answer

Your sentence is grammatically correct.

It is odd to talk about 'being' friends with strangers, rather than 'making' friends, or 'becoming' friends, but that's nothing to do with the grammar.

The grammar is 100% correct.

• John

Yes.it's correct

It's grammatically correct but lacks logic. People you're friends with aren't strangers. You mean: "I don't mind making friends with strangers" or "I don't mind being friendly with strangers."

• John P

It is grammatically correct in British English.

Yes, but logically fallible. Your tense is messed up. Try "I don't mind becoming friends with strangers". You are casting friends and strangers in the present tense, which cannot be true.

It follows the rules of grammar but it doesn't make sense. I mean "my octopus is a bicycle" might not break any rules of grammar. If they're your friends then they're not strangers. Maybe you mean "I don't mind making friends with strangers" but even that's a bit of a tautology. Of course they were strangers before you made friends with them.

It's grammatically correct, but doesn't make sense because it actually says that you are friends with strangers. You have to know somebody to be a friend, right? I think what you're trying to convey is "I don't mind befriending strangers" or "I don't mind becoming friends with strangers".

it sounds good to me

• Lôn

Yes, it's correct.

yes it is grammatically correct