do you think school students that misbehave should be punished with after school detention booths ?

I have just got home from serving a 1 and a half hour detention as a punishment for misbehaving in class, when we got to the detention room, we were escorted to tiny booths, I was isolated from the other students by a wooden partition, I had to sit at my desk and write a 3 page essay on the importance of behaving in class, it was HORRIBLE when I got home I complained to my mum and she said I need to behave in school and then I wont get punished, OPINIONS PLEASE ?

• Linda
    Best Answer

I don't know what you did, but punishment like this is supposed to keep students from making life hell for teachers. You probably deserved it.

• Scarlet2 weeks agoReport

Hahaha....you still don't get it, kid, do ya?

Yes, I do. Detention is supposed to be about doing school work and keeping quiet, and not about socializing with your friends and having fun. It's intended to be a punishment, and punishments are rarely pleasant experiences.

Its all about punishing bad behavior in the end to hopefully correct the student's bad choice / path taken.Problem is there are many different schools of thought on the process. The school is responsible for the children so they can't create a system that causes problems (like getting them home, etc) Some kids could care less about detention. Many times its a minimally supervised snooze session which might suck, but doesn't teach the child a thing. And with today's self righteous "its all about me" generations, corporal punishment, shaming, and all the methods that used to work might not be an option.Some kids learn by a slap on the wrists where others are defiant and refuse to submit. But something must be done obviously, because if you don't correct bad behavior, these are the little jerks that become full blown A holes in the world at large that everyone has to deal with. If little Timmy doesn't get a good (_I_) whooping once in a while, they will continue the bad behavior. And you can't always depend on parents to correct the issues as alot have relinquished that responsibilities to the school. Then again, schools have taken advantage of this "total control" at times. Just read the many infractions happening in California schools but the teachers unions keep the teachers on the pay roll. I'd recommend a demerit system, depending on the severity of the mis-behaving. after 3 strikes, you stay after school to do work for the school. after which there is a reserve bus that will drop off the students if it is needed. Maybe even paint the bus an off color, different than the other buses like PINK as a symbol of shame. Lets face it folks, your not going to correct bad behavior by saying no no to a kid. Your an idiot to buy into the psycho babble today where you need to preserve a child's so called self esteem.

• Scarlet2 weeks agoReport

The breast cancer awareness color ought to be transformed into a color of shame on buses that ferry home misbehaving brats? And can you imagine the parental uproar were "hard labor" even suggested as an alternative to detention?

• Sally

only the children in the government schools

• drip

Punishment is meant to deter further bad behavior . It is meant to give you pause to not misbehave again.

To sit for 90 minutes and write a essay is not harsh at all.

I''d lock you in a coffin for an hour and a half,.

The problem today is busing. If the kid misses his bus then he can not get home and the parents go nuts on the school. IMHO we need to have internet teaching. If the kid causes problems in school, he gets sent home where he can do his study alone and testing alone via the internet. Only if he does what he is suppose to do at home will he be allowed back into school. Most kids will hate having to be alone at home.

• Scarlet2 weeks agoReport

As for you, newbury, you've already been told your punishment wasn't harsh at all. Asking the same question repeatedly isn't going to get you an answer you'll like better. What exactly did you do to end up in detention, btw?

If you're a piece of ****, than yes.

• Ꮥ.Ꮓ
      3 weeks agoReport

It depends on what you did.
      If you're bullying others or the teacher, than you deserve it. You should be in it most of the time if that's the case.

Yes, yes I do. Why you ask? Because it will show them how to be cool.

• newbury3 weeks agoReport

I don't want to be cool, being stuck in a classroom writing boring essays is ****, why no sympathy ?

• Mark

Why do you ask variations on this weekly?