Do you have to exercise to lose fat?

I'm a 23 year old female. I eat 1  calories a day but don't exercise. Can I still lose two pounds a month doing this?

Exercise and eat healthy! eating very few calories is terrible for you and will ruin your metabolism in the long run because your body over the course months at a time will get used to burning very few calories so yeah that's not good for you and honestly you're gonna feel like sh*t. Please just look up healthy recipes and no you don't have to exercise but it does speed up the process. Diet is 75 percent and exercise is 25. You can workout six times a week but if your diet is sh*t you won't see very good results the weight loss process will happen way more slowly than it's supposed to. Diet plays a MAJOR role in your success towards your fitness goals. I always say this now "food is meant to sustain you not entertain you" there's nothing wrong with having a cheat meal once a week or something but if it becomes a daily thing and you eat like that 24/7 it's really gonna affect your fitness and health goals in a negative way and it's really gonna slow you down. Also drinking will do that too because of how your body processes it. People think it's all about the calories and that's part of it but the real issue is your body goes into emergency mode and your metabolism burns up the alcohol first and everything else takes a backseat which basically means that any and everything you eat before or while you're drunk gets stored as fat it's not the body's main priority to metabolize it the main priority at that time is to get the alcohol out of your system. But yeah hope this helps and take care of yourself!

• Andy C

One needs to consume 1,500,000 calories per day to just live.

You'll be dead before you read this.

• Joe

Go for a walk, sweetie.

No, but eating 1 calorie can kill you, and i dont know any food that has one calorie, also you could binge eat out of starvation, i recommend eating decent portions of healthy food, and trust mmeeeeeeeee dont binge, i lost 9 pounds in a month by not binging seriously

Bruhhh how are you still alive by only eating 1 calorie a day?

• e9601:

What do you eat that has 1 calorie? Yes, you need to exercise.

Yes you do you sure do

Trolls gain weight on 1 calorie a day. So I have no idea of what you are talking about!

1 calories a day? I eat more than that in a breath of air

No, exercise just speeds up the process. It can be done with a proper diet very successfully. You should look into what the Keto diet is. I've managed to lose 115 pounds by eating properly with very little exercise other than walking.

• David B.
      3 weeks agoReport

It has actually been several years. But thats the weight of a whole person. The good news is that I have lost the last 25 pounds in the past two months. I have been eating a low carbohydrate diet very much like the Keto diet that I mentioned. You should look into it.