Do husbands force their wives to vote for someone?

I heard that in America, husbands usually force their wives to vote the same as they do. Usually it's the Trump supporting men who force their wives to vote for Trump.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago
    Best Answer

No, but I force my husband to vote for me.

• 3 weeks ago

There's a flaw in the wording of your question. Usually means more than half the time. If it's usually the Trump supporting men, that would imply they would almost all be married and almost all their wives would do as they say. It's a secret ballot.

• Dr. D
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

No. That's a lie that losers made up as an excuse to explain how Hillary lost to Trump. In truth, a wife can vote anyway she wants and her husband can never know how she voted. She can always tell her husband she voted as he wished, just to have peace in the home. Voting is always done in secret. 

• Bill
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Hillary didn't exactly say that. Her argument was that men pressure women in their life to vote the way they do. The general argument among feminists is either that women follow their men like Gloria Steinem said about young women during the 2016 election or that men pressure women in their life to vote the way they do like Hillary Clinton said after she lost in 2016.

The only real data that could possibly be used to support either argument is voting trends that show women eventually start to follow their men in voting patterns. This argument however is poor because women don't start to vote more like their men for several decades after their men change how they vote as shown by white women just now moving towards republicans even if white men have voted for republicans in ever increasing numbers for decades.

Another example of how poor this argument is black men that have been moving republican now for several elections to the point where democrats have lost more than 20 percentage points with black men. Black women on the other hand have stayed solid democratic with 94 percent of black women voting democrat. Democrats could lose another 10 to 15 percentage points with black men in 2020, while they are not expected to lose even a percentage point with black women.

If voting trends remains true and the majority of black men start to vote republican its entirely possible that black women will follow them, but that's hardly a given.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Eva
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

There's no way for someone to know how someone else voted unless that person volunteers the information. No one is "forced" to vote a certain way.

• 3 weeks ago

i would hope not

• rick
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

I had hoped not too, but it didn't turn out that way. Sad isn't it?

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You vote one-on-one behind a divider or curtain so no one can actually tell or make you do anything.

• 3 weeks ago

sure......................

• 3 weeks ago

"Do husbands force their wives to vote for someone?"

Doubtful. But that's what Hillary Clinton claimed and then many of her supporters parroted regarding her loss. If this is happening at all, then it can only be happening through the choice of any woman to do so.

Think about it. Women in America today have had free agency, and equal Rights to men for their entire lives. Any such woman would have to choose to submit to the will of her husband regarding voting, which would then mean that the natural compulsion of many woman (at least half of them) is to wilfully submit to the will of their men.

I don't know what to make of this feminist allegation. It looks like just one more denigration of women in order to excuse the failure of one feminist hero that cannot take responsibility for her own poor showing at the polls. But being feminists, they had to spin this denigration of woman as being some sort of "oppression" of women through male "force" rather than what it actually is .... a complete disrespect of women, and the free choices they would make with their agency ... including NOT voting for the feminist candidate.

• y
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

That is what Clinton and the left tried to pass off as truth. An attempt to guilt women to vote for them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.