Anonymous

Why is American culture different and clean?

I am from the Virgin Islands.

In my country we are ok with natuals of our body.

We have bowel movements and do not flush because natural part of us but my U.S. boyfriend is offended when I visit an do not flush. He said its a health hazared.

But I tell him where I am from we do that and nothing happen. We have sex after bowel movements and not clean up.

He doesn't like dirt or anything natural.

Why American people so afraid of natural nature?

Best Answer

Your version of "natural" makes it sound like you want to devolve the human race. We're a bit more sanitary than that these days. Nature for a human being and everything is evolving. If you have everything you need not to devolve, you shouldn't devolve. You're simply making the personal choice to be unclean.

It's called civilization friend.

• Justin

There are two overall approaches to nature. One is to isolate ourselves from it and its agencies, presuming that they mean us harm. The proof for that is in what generally happens when we 'embrace' them instead. However, like any approach, we end up seeing only what we want to see. I throw my garbage scraps out into a meat and bone compost which is eaten by various wild life, long after it is fully putrefied. The smell alone, (when uncovered), is enough to make a human gag, yet skunks, for example, live off of this as desirable food. They have also developed the ability to concentrate the smells into an anal gland that they release suddenly when approached by predators, essentially 'super farting' away the competition or any threats.

By doing this, they live well off of what I waste, are not sicked by nearly anything that sickens me, and use the 'worst' qualities of their food as a defense mechanism against danger.

Some humans, by contrast, can't survive the presence of wheat or milk anymore, which were once basic food staples for humans for thousands of years.

Why?

It is because we have learned to isolate ourselves from nature rather than to embrace it.

Who is really the more 'evolved?'

That said, you cannot 'half-embrace' anything and have it work for you. That isn't how life works for any creature of nature. Those are the ones that get destroyed or that destroy themselves. So you need to decide whether you have what it takes to go all the way with the other 'natural' animals around you who place no value in 'hygiene' and see it as a foolish waste of resources, or join the 'civilized' who are learning to survive by isolating themselves from everything that could potentially harm them.

I believe that you wouldn't even be undesirable to other humans if you took it all the way and embraced it with passion because you would develop a powerful immune system, teach them how to survive in nearly any conditions, and learn to make the most of all human resources. However, I seriously doubt you have the will, instinct, vision and endurance to travel down that 'natural' road, so you are better off learning to flush your toilet in the interim.

i can see why it is called the virgin islands.

• Sandy

that's not true. I've been to the VI and they are modern. the islands have sewage systems, soap and water, etc.. you can be clean if you want to be. you just don't want to be. being "natural" does not mean being unsanitary.

• Mark

Why do you keep asking this, and why do you think we can't remember you doing so? And "flushing" is natural, Blue Anon. Next are you going to ask "why does my boyfriend not want to have sex with me if I don't wipe my butt?"