Why are people in the military considered heroes?

When they kill people from other countries - people exactly like themselves, who just happened to be born into a different country. I get that we need the community to look up to the military in order to get volunteers, but they're not doing anything honorable.

I say the same thing about cops and firemen.. they are doing a chosen job which they are trained and paid to do.. THEY are just doing their chosen profession like someone in the military chooses to be there.

• Ann

They give up a lot to protect you.

Screw you guys. Even a fiction writer knows who a hero is. A hero is a guy. That's it a guy, a regular guy. But he does something good or fun or great. Thats it.What makes it a good story is how it is put. Even a basic hero would put himself infront of others. Would volunteer themselves to a new job.

We are a jealous little boy are we not,

Did the big girl scouts not allow you to join in all their fun games and your feeling left out.

And the nasty Scout master not allow to you to play your girly games in the Scouts?

oh by the way Rottweilers are not descended from Roman Dogs who herded as there is no evidence the Romans used dogs except for war.

As from the military being considered Heros why not as they have volunteered to put the lives on the line unlike cowards like you .

So Yes they are Hero's!

And are rightly considered as such!

The men and women of the United States Armed Force are serving and sacrificing their lives for our freedom because freedom is not free.

First you have to define a hero. Some people call football players sports heroes. So what is your definition? Mine is that a person who is willing to give his life for others is a hero. So a dad that defends his wife and is killed as a result is a hero. Or a brother who jumps a guy who is trying to rape his sister is a hero. You obviously have a pretty lame definition of a hero. No wonder you are confused.

I served 38 years deployed to a war zone twice and i never considered myself a hero even when i was teaching IED to me it was just a job

after Vietnam and being spat upon when people say Thank you for your service i feel like saying Up Yours where were you when i was being abused just because i served My Country

• 88

If you don’t like it leave the country...start backing that talk...

They keep getting us cheap oil/gasoline I guess.

• Jon3 weeks agoReport

Your comment didn't deserve the hate that it got.

They sacrifice and risk their lives in order to protect our culture from people who would otherwise take away our freedoms.