Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 3 weeks ago

Amazon question?

So yesterday I got my package from amazon I did contact the seller saying in my order there was a bottles that has leak in the bottom of the box and their answer was

Dear friend Sorry for the inconvenience that may cause.If it’s convenient for you, could you please take a photo and send it to us?Don’t worry. We are good seller with higher positive feedback. We will not let you have any loss.Look forward to your early reply. 

So my question is do I have to send any pictures to them to proove that it was damage? 

• P
    Best Answer

Most sellers will just send out new product free of charge and tell you to dispose of the damaged product if you send them a picture.   Otherwise you can force a return depending on how it was shipped to you, but it's not always convenient to do that assuming you have to take the package somewhere and your refund could get delayed.   Don't assume someone's trying to hassle you by just asking for a picture since you could just end up creating a greater inconvenience for yourself.

Pictures of a wet box with half full bottles or broken bottles or cracks that are visible.   They will adjust in shipping because they are not putting in enough bubble wrap to protect the item. That is all you can do.

What do you think idiot

• Lv 7

Yes, send them the picture of the damage.

Yes. and they would like to see it, because it is possible that THEY have insurance, so that when they send out replacements, they can in turn be reimbursed by their insurance company. Not at all unusual. I often ship expensive musical instruments, and have had some arrive with some minimal damage - and I could tell when I saw the BOX just about destroyed by the shipper ( FedEx, others.) that they were at fault. One company send me photos of the box when it leaves them - I am going to start doing that with what *I* ship - easier to prove the carrier damaged it!

Yes, it's what you do. Marketplace sellers do not have the economic power of Amazon to refund without asking.

It's the normal thing to do.

It's not a photogaphy question BTW.

Yes it is usual to do this. They in turn may want to pusue a claim against the delivery people and a photograph will help. Nothing fancy - just use the camera on your phone.

• Donald

I would not accept less! If you didn't, I would not refund your money or replace the items. There are many people that pull scams all the time trying to get something for free. If you are honest, then what is the problem? There would be none, so why don't you just comply and some new bottles that don't leak.

Best wishes

• Greg

It would look very suspicious if you did not.