Muslims, many Syrian Kurds are leaving Islam and converting to the religion of Zoroaster. What do you think about this?

• sarah

Shows man kind/s search for God. Satan has hidden the truth in many false religions. Any religion that tells you to kill others is not from God. They are finding that out. After thousands of years of constant war. The wicked spirit persons use humans in their game of thrones. Humans do not have to kill each other but they do.

Isn't Zoroastrianism closed to direct conversion, and sustained solely through family descent? It strains credulity to presume mass marriage into another religion, even if there was some sort of protective advantage in it.

Source(s): I suspect I spoiled a perfectly good setup for the punch line, and have a strong urge to shower.
    • Yoel Cohen3 weeks agoReport

Anyone can convert to the religion but converts face a number of restrictions. Certain rites such as priestly service or other initiations is strictly reserved to those born into the religion and share the same ancestry/racial background.

Got any links to back up that claim?

~

• Hindusufi
      3 weeks agoReport

Everard it's in the Yahoo news, with pictures right now.

"The identification of Yezidism with Zoroastrianism is historically inaccurate. Sentimental attachment to Yezidism and/or Zoroastrianism among Kurds today is best understood in most cases as a political rejection of Islam and its perceived Arab connections, rather than in terms of genuine devotional commitment." - OPD 01/June/2017.

See abstract /Excerpt in my link in the comments box.

I wouldn't claim Zoarastrianism is growing rather the current statistics and research among scholars like Richard Foltz suggest a secular and cultural identity is becoming increasinly popular as Islam becomes less favorable and threatening in recent times to the Yazidi population.

Source(s): Orthodox Jew
    • Hindusufi
      1 week agoReport

Yoel, Syrian Kurds are such a small percentage of the population in general that it does not constitute expansion.

They aren’t doing that at all. I googled it and found nothing about it.

Why lie?

My cousin probably laughs at me. She’s rich & beautiful, I’m ugly & poor.

• .3 weeks agoReport

Funny, I’m making money and becomin attractive, dumb little skank. Oh and it’s not an attitude tbqh. Pretty sick aren’t you sweetie. Drop dead sicko