Living with gender dysphoria? Possible?

I’m a male who’s suffered gender dysphoria his whole life. For a few reasons, I don’t want to transition. However, even though the dysphoria isn’t often that severe (just sitting in the back of my mind) it still makes me feel depressed and there are times when it spikes up, really messing with my mood and just making me feel like ****. These spikes will usually last for weeks at a time. My question is: How can I live with this? Does talking to a doctor help? Do i have no choice but to transition to be happy? I can’t go on doing nothing but I’m really confused as to what I’m mean to do

• reme_1

By not transitioning you are living a lie. And suffering. Call the gay center and ask for the trans support group and a doctor who handles gender dysphoria.

You'll either transition, or commit suicide.

Transition doesn't make the dysphoria go away in the majority of people and it doesn't make them happy either--the suicide rate is the same. Do not go to a "gender therapist." They're absolute quacks with no understanding of what they're doing who won't help you at all, just hand you pills. You need something like dialectical behavior therapy. Find a therapist who specializes in DBT.

Try going to a therapist and talk about it with them! Or use info online