What job can I get at 35 years of age as a entry level seeker with a pathetic job history as a socially anxious guy? ?

So Since 2007 i have quit series of jobs due to social anxiety and have in all these years all experience put together have lasted for a year. So Now I want to work, but I don't wana apply to these consultants and face interviews where i feel extremely embarrased and outright criminal for being housebound for years with no productive records.

I still suffer from avoidance and difficulty interacting with people, especially women who make me extremely nervous and uncomfortable. The last time I told my interviewer that I had quit jobs because I was anxious around women. The interviewer didn't believe it and instead told me I must have run away from the job without informing lol. 

Anyway, my academic degree is of sales and marketing but I can hardly look people in the eye. So what are my options here. I love to be outdoorsy or indoors like at a Decathlon stores with no coworkers nearby all the time. I love being on my own and staying quiet talking to myself fpr long hours like work at a museum or a library.. I dont know how to go about it. I just dont even know how to apply for a job anymore

Best Answer

Take a volunteer position. Museums, libraries, parks, gardens all need volunteers. That will get you job experience on your resume, confidence in your heart and the application process will be as simple as filling out a form. Just make sure this is a 40 hour week position so that you can genuinely say you were full time. Nobody will ask whether you were paid.

At the end of six months you can move onto something paid. Sometimes the place where you worked as a volunteer will give you something.

• Trishanku1 week agoReport

Thanks Much appreciated, that's some good idea 😊

Advice: Stop using a crutch as an excuse and step up to the plate.

• Judy

If you're that ill-suited to sales, why in the world did you get a degree in sales and marketing? And you have a strange idea of what work at a museum or library is like - unless you're a trained archivist you'd be dealing with people regularly. Try a temp agency who might place you in a manufacturing or warehouse job.

• Trishanku1 week agoReport

Social pressure & false pride of having a college degree.. Third worlder here. But I'm a special case as well. Thanks much appreciate the comment 

Good luck making any money in the sharing economy...

You get an entry level job somewhere, fast food perhaps. With a job history as you described...I cannot imagine anyone would hire you unless desperate...

• Work for Uber or Uber eats my guy