Taylor asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 weeks ago

Am I loosing weight to fast, and am I underweight?

I am 14 and the last I weighed myself(yesterday) I was 100.8 but last month when I went to the doctor and I was weighted I was around 103, and during july I was around 115. In the beginning of school last year I was around 125. My friends say that I'm underweight, and my sister(15) also says I am. I don't know exactly how tall I am, somewhere around 5'5 or 5'6 I think, but I am taller than my sister who weighs 115. I really don't think I'm loosing weight to fast or that I'm underweight, but my friends and family do, so I just wanted to ask.

Your weight was appropriate for your height at 120-125. Now you are underweight and in danger of lots of nasty health problems. Another few pounds and your period will stop, if it hasn't already; there is always a danger it won't come back.

You haven't said if you are DOING anything to cause this weight loss. If yes, this is extremely dangerous for a kid your age and can stunt your growth, cause infertility and leave you with a bad heart and brittle bones that may eventually need operations to support them.

If it's happening naturally, you still need to see a dr and be honest with him; sudden weight loss for no reason can be a sign of things like cancer, or, more likely, a thyroid problem.

Dieting at your age is a very bad idea as it will adversely affect your development. Listen to your parents. They speak the truth. Anorexia kills most sufferers.

Be careful about your health

I don’t think it seems too alarming . Have you changed anything in your diet or day to day activity? If so maybe it’s a spike in your metabolism. Go back to the doctor if you like to be sure and if they give you the ok, you’re fine .

• brother_in_magic
      3 weeks agoReport

A child losing 25 lbs, going from normal to underweight in a few months? I'd be very worried as a parent.