Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 3 weeks ago

How did you learn to drive?

Driving school back then in 2013.

I was given lessons when I was 17.

I took driver's education in high school.

• Shona

On a disused airfield in North Norfolk over the course of a week's holiday from school. It was the half term before my 17th birthday. I was so good at the end of the intensive course I needed just two formal lessons on the road before my test - I passed with flying colours...

• P

On a race team .

• Matt85

My parents and a driving instructor.

My dad let me drive when I was a little kid out on the dirt roads. I was pro by the time I was 8. Could parallel park and everything. Now I can’t even see at night when I drive and I always hit the wall at the spot where I have to park at work :(

My dad patiently taught all three of us kids to drive.  My sister was two years older, so when she was 16 Dad took her to an empty parking lot to show her how to work the clutch.  I came along though I was only 14.  I took drivers' ed in school too but it wasn't much.

Dad wanted us to learn with a manual transmission (this was a while ago).  He taught us to drive in the mountains (it's depressing how many flat-landers don't know how to drive in mountains!) 

I was the only kid among my friends that got my driver's license on the first try!  Everyone got it by the third try, though.

In repetitive dreams. And then I sat down and drove the first time like a pro, except parking and left turn in traffic, that I tricked my instructor to explain to me live.

Driving school. I'd go with my dad too.