Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 3 weeks ago

Diabetes? ?

I’m 20 years old, male. I’ve been treating my body horribly for the past couple years. I just woke up yesterday and am determined to make a change. I’m fairly certain I have diabetes though I’ve never been tested. Browning on the back of the neck is a sign of diabetes which I believe I have. I’ve attached a photo. Can anybody confirm this reflects diabetes? 

"Browning on the back of the neck is a sign of diabetes"

Huh?

That is complete nonsense. The ONLY way to diagnose diabetes is with a blood test. If you are truly serious about this, then GO TO A DOCTOR and get tested.

• Loook, your not going to know if you have diabetes until you get tested so go get tested. There’s a million different symptoms of diabetes you won’t know until you get tested. I’m glad you decided to respect your body. I’ve been treating mine terrible for the last year and I’m 24 I’m determined to fix it as well, good luck.

I don't know where you got that idea.

if you were diabetic, you'd want to know it sooner rather than later.

If you know anyone who is diabetic they would likely have a glucometer, a gizmo that measures blood sugar.  And they would probably be happy to test you.  If you don't have high blood sugar, you don't have diabetes.  If your blood sugar is high, then you want to go to a doctor and he'll do a lot more tests, some of them to rule out other things that cause high blood sugar (some of which are worse!)

Nobody here can confirm anything. Even doctors can't diagnose you with diabetes until they've run some tests. Go see your family doctor or a dermatologist.