Anonymous

Why is the flu shot treated as a luxury in the USA?

They're giving them free to the wealthy insured while making it inaccessible to the the poor uninsured by charging $40 for it.

Best Answer

I'm  glad I don't  live in a "shithole country" that treats its population, especially the most vulnerable  in society, like dirt. 

• David

Beats me!  It doesn't really do any good, anyway!

• I care

Since we are not a socialist country is why flu shots or pneumonia shots are normal behavior.

Once a country looses it say so...…..than they can decide if you live or die, with certain diseases.

• I care
      2 weeks agoReport

I have known others in Ireland, that shared how some are passed over if they can't be helped. So I may not know all there is to know about a socialist society,  truthfully I hope it never happens in the USA,  and you can keep that type of country....we don't want it here.

• Edna

What makes you think that flu shots are treated as a "luxury" in the US? In the US, flu shots are free of cost to anyone who's 65 and over. Either their private insurance or Medicare will pay for a flu shot. If they're "poor and uninsured" and are under 65, Medicaid pays for a flu shot.

Flu shots are available for $25 for any customer who has to pay on a "cash" basis, at every Wal-Mart store that has a Pharmacy.

• Mamie
      4 weeks agoReport

At many other places, too, such as CVS and Rite Aide, for example.

• RICK

Its not at all.......

It's not pharmacy's give it every flu season for free idiot

• Roddy

Vaccinations cost money to make and to give them. In a country like the USA that doesn't have general national health insurance, everyone pays for all their medical needs. On that basis, $40 is not by any means excessive. In the UK, the flu vaccination is only free to kids and the elderly. Everyone else pays at least £50 for it.

In the case you mention, the wealthy are NOT getting the vaccination free of charge. They are paying an insurance company to cover the immediate costs and so the vaccination is paid for out of the funds of the insurance company to which they have already contributed.

• brother_in_magic
      3 weeks agoReport

No, UK flu shorts are free to anyone the doctor thinks needs one ie if they have a debilitating condition, as well as kids and the elderly . To pay for one is about half what you stated.

People are so stupid - you can even sell them poison and say it is healthy. Thank God, the stupids will die out this way.

• Nine Lives
      3 weeks agoReport

Vaccines don't make your immune system stronger; quite the contrary.

Because the Republican ran US government hates poor people and by making vaccines inaccessible to poor people more poor people will die off which is their agenda of killing off the poor.

• Edna
      4 weeks agoReport

Flu shots are available for anyone paying on a "cash" basis for $25, at every Wal-Mart store in the US that has a Pharmacy. If they're 65 or over, they're on Medicare, and Medicare pays for a flu shot.

It doesn't matter what people think, or what they treat things as. You should get vaccinated because it will protect you and others around you.