How do you do one of those tags on Twitter that IS NOT the hashtag?

I always see people trending on Twitter and i want to tweet about it but everyone else's tweets don't have a hashtag the name just comes up in bold. And when i look it up on Google all i get is BS about how to make a hashtag. Like i know how to do a ******* hashtag that's not what i want to know.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Hi. Older versions of Internet Explorer used to be able to "View source" of the webpages it was displaying, this would be helpful here but if You're on Win10 or Mac You might not have that option.

Otherwise, try saving the page, then opening it in a simple text editor, You SHOULD see some custom coding either for HTML5 or for the Twitter decoder's software.

G'Luck!!!

• 4 weeks ago

The name comes up in bold because when you click on the trending hashtags page, you are essentially "searching" twitter for tweets that include that subject matter. They're not tags, if you saw that tweet on your timeline it would not be bold. So on the hashtag/trending section, twitter is just showing you tweets that include specific terms that are trending, and highlighting the terms by using bold. Just tweet normally without hashtags.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.