Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 4 weeks ago

Am I pregnant?

my period was about 5 days late and I didn’t think anything of it because i don’t have a regular 28 day cycle. I took 2 pregnancy tests 2 days apart and they were both faint positives. But I’m frequently having cramps and clear discharge. No bleeding. I’ve had a miscarriage at 13 weeks about a year and a half ago. I was trying for years with my ex husband and that was our only successful time. We got a divorce and now i am with somebody else and got pregnant very fast. I thought something was wrong with me so we don’t use protection. I’m worried about another miscarriage because all of the cramping and leg pain I’ve been having. Can somebody tell me if that’s normal or not? And does this actually look like a positive? Both of them came out looking like this about 24 hours apart. My last pregnancy the line was just a tad bit darker. For some reason I’m still not sold on being pregnant. I can’t rap my head around it. I don’t believe it. Is there other things that can cause a missed period and a positive hpt?

Best Answer

You're definitely pregnant, probably quite early, but you are. I got 3 faint plus signs and a ClearBlue Digital "Pregnant" before I'd accept I was pregnant lol. I got those 1-2 days before my missed period. Now I'm 13w5d pregnant with a baby boy. Don't be pessimistic about this pregnancy. I'm guessing the miscarriage was your first pregnancy? Plenty of people miscarry their first, my mom did. Hang in there, praying you have a healthy, smooth pregnancy and all will be well.

You got positives. Assuming you took them and read them correctly, you're pregnant.

We can't read that test, because it's a photograph. Pregnancy tests are read with the naked eye, not photographs.

As a seasoned Nurse Epidemiologist, I should write a book on my 35 years of experience. MANY MANY THINGS PLAY INTO A TEST. EX: Is the test stick past its expiration date? How soon was the test read after urine was applied?

I could go on and on... unfortunately this type of test is a secret, right? Parents don't know! You don't know because you didn't take time to learn about the birds and bees, right? Then you come here to ask and then you hate the answers we give you!

This is what both of the tests looks like