Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

What is a good Japanese weight loss diet that I can do while in Japan?

I go to Japan in January and an there for just under a month and a half, I have been there before and am going for an internship, not for holiday. So I was wanting to try a Japanese weight loss diet that is unique to Japan (that I suppose you could do in the US/UK/AUS but would be easier in Japan). I am very self aware of my body and fear that not having access to a gym will cause me to gain more weight, I am also very aware that Japanese women are very slim and though my face may blend in my body will not.

I'm not morbedly over weight, just a bit above average and only want to lost like 5 - 10 kilo (11 - 22 pounds). Does anyone know of any good affordable diets I could do while in Japan? Thanks for the help in advance.

• Louis
    Best Answer

I don't think you will need to do anything special if you stick with traditional Japanese foods. Traditional Japanese diets do not include dairy. And very small amounts of beef. In fact, servings sizes of chicken and pork are usually very small too. Maybe something like less than 3 oz of meat a day. Mostly rice and fish and tofu. 

Google the Okinawa Diet for more info. There are also some really good books on the subject. Maybe pick one up to read on the plane. 

Rice, water, and mochi for every meal.

• zeno

Stick with basic natural foods and only eat

Within 6 - 8 hours per day. Fast the rest of

The day and get at least 4 days of gym like

Workouts a week. With at least 2 days of

Cardio and 2 days of weight lifting. Good

Luck. I'm not even sure you can get strawberries, blueberries, mangos, bananas or broccoli garlic, baby carrots or mix nuts or salmon or

Wheat bread or oatmeal in Japan. Good luck

• Rixons4 weeks agoReport

Um, thanks but you can get all those things in japan, if the season is right. I'll take the tips on board though, thanks.