How bad will it be in court for stealing for months?

I was at target & they caught me stealing alcohol and said they’ve been watching me steal for 6-12 months . (Wasn’t all alcohol i was stealing i’ve prob stolen four bottles of alcohol from them in total and usually it would just be small items occasionally like snacks and accessories or a movie) and they called the cops and i have to go to court. How bad is it cause they know all the other stuff i’ve stolen? I’m 18 and i don’t have a lot of money and i haven’t told my parents either. I know it’s kinda bad to steal alcohol when you’re under the drinking age. 

• Maxi

It is 'kinda' bad to steal ANYTHING! You will now have a record for theft and that will stop you getting lots of jobs in the future as employers do not employ theives...so your parents are the least of your concerns

• audrey

You will be tried/sentenced as an adult thief. Expect some serious jail time.

You shouldn't be concerned with "stealing alcohol under the drinking age". You should be concerned with "stealing alcohol over the age of an adult". If you're 18, you're an adult. And depending on the value of what you stole, it could be a felony. Enjoy jail.