Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 weeks ago

Do older men see situations more clearly?

Yesterday, BF broke up with me at his dorm residence and so I was trying to knock on his door a few times afterwards. Some people even came out of their rooms to see what was going on. I think he was embarrassed too because he later informed security. How I knew about this was when I was at the university library today, I bumped into some of his friends and asked them how he's doing etc. They then told the front desk security guy (older man who also knows my BF) who came to my study space to ask how I'm doing etc. He told me my BF is done with the relationship, but also that "maybe he isn't the guy you thought he is", "you are better than him", "that is perhaps immaturity" (referring to him). Why would an older stranger tell me these?

• JuanB
    Best Answer

Yes. He does see it more clearly. He's saying your x is immature and you should stop acting that way too and just walk away. You are better than him, only if you walk away. Banging on the door, etc is just lowering yourself to his level and being immature.

Very often, a person outside the situation, especially where feelings are involved, will see it more clearly. Age adds wisdom, generally gained through experience.

It seems this man was trying to make you feel better, which is actually pretty decent of him. I have no idea if what he said is true, but, I hope it helped!

• Steve

it's to have a sense of community. he was trying to help you feel better.

• Huh?

He is trying to keep you from harnessing your ex and making a demned fool of yourself.