Why didn't Trump just shut up and run on the economy instead acting like a two-bit real estate con man?

Seriously . . . he could have been a star, certainly within the GOP base, but he had to fo off like a chip-on-the-shoulder mafioso who sends his personal attorney on a "mission" . .

Best Answer

I smell TDS. Trump.is doing his job, and triggering the deep.state at the same time. Use your brain.

Acting, who presumes he is acting?

Because he didn't have the slightest idea how to run a national economy.  That was one of MANY functions he thought he'd be able to farm out to experts.  But he didn't know any experts.

He ran for president for one thing, and that was to get richer and better-known.  To improve his 'brand'.  I think he accomplished just the opposite.

• scott b
      3 weeks agoReport

AND, I think he was more surprised than anyone when he won, because he never intended to.

• Daddio

That is not his personality. I like that he punches back

• scott b
      3 weeks agoReport

Yeah....but, an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth doesn't do anything but leave everyone blind and toothless.