Joe asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

Why does Trump always brag about giving up his salary? Why does he think it makes a significant difference to either him or the country?

Update:

His once failing businesses are now finally profitable, and he has 30% of the country signed up as die hard consumers of his brand, and he acts like a martyr because he forgoes a $400K annual salary?

Ivanka's getting Chinese patents, military staying at Trump properties, Kushner getting money for his properties from Emiratis, yet he wants us to think that not taking home his $400k is really ruining him financially.

Who believes this Shi'ite?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It shows he is doing his job because he cares

• 4 weeks ago

It puts the lie to the claim that he is only in it for what he can make.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Why does he always say he is extremely rich every time he says he gives up his pay. Why is he now saying he would have let the G7 stay at Dorval for free when he ,by law, is not involved in Trump Org anymore. Why is he sending the Military to his hotel in Scotland.

• mac
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

250,000 dollr,but with all the deals his family and him mde in china and russia....he will come out very rich...for people like him,he can careless about american values just about getting richer.......he will move to russia where he will be praised

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Regardless . . . and given Trump's penchant for, to put it mildly, exaggeration . . . he enjoys all the perks, health care, meals, housing, security, and unlimited access to power, both financial and militarily . . . along with extensive international networking for future financial gain.

• Jerome
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

You see the traits of this conman president.

Just always remember the snake when dealing with conmen.

First find out if he is venomous. Then remember that's snakes moves crookedly always.

Dont even believe half of what he says.

• Daddio
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

He has an ego. I don't see any of the ultra rich on the left giving up their congressional salaries

• 4 weeks ago

I'm sorry he hurt your feelings. 

• Joe4 weeks agoReport

I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.