Selena asked in HealthWomen's Health · 4 weeks ago

I want a trans vagina ultrasound how do request it?

Hello, I’m a 22 year old woman. I had my first Pap smear last year. I’m going to a local women’s clinic and my question is what do I put for the reason of my visit if I want a trans vagina ultrasound to make sure I don’t have an tumors or anything. My period pain is 9/10 very severe.

2 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago

    You don't request it, your doctor does when that is the best thing for investigating your symptoms.

    • Selena4 weeks agoReport

      Okay well that’s the best for me because I’m the patient and I’ve been to the doctor and only had blood test done for pelvic pain. That’s so stupid

  • MissA
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    “I am concerned I have tumors and as such I would like a transvaginal ultrasound. “

    Or you could communicate honestly with your doctor and see what tests they suggest.

    • Selena4 weeks agoReport

      I don’t have a pcp and I thought trans vaginal ultrasound were necessary to detect polys or uterine abnormalities I’ve heard of women not knowing for years because they find out in the er

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.