Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

Would his girlfriend be mad? ?

My best guy friend typically messages me everyday. He just got a new job last week so we don't work together anymore, which has been really hard on me. He's still been messaging me everyday usually before work and when he gets off which I'm very happy about because I was afraid he would stop talking to me as much. I can't help but to wonder if his girlfriend would be mad about it or not though. Opinions? Also most of our mutual friends at work who he is very close too haven't heard from him and if they do they tell me that they have to message him first. That has me confused because he always messages me first and hasn't skipped a day. I try not to ever message him first because I don't want his girlfriend to be mad at me for anything.

• Ana

Look, everybody else knows that he’s not just a friend. And I’m sure that you know it too.

If you are saying that you don’t know that he sees you as more than a friend, then 1 of 3 things is happening:

1) You’re flat out lying to yourself or to others, and PRETENDING to not realize he likes you, in order to to allow yourself to hook up with him/try to date him without feeling guilty or sl*utty.

2) You actually really are just that low IQ (stupid, and/or socially awkward) to not understand very basic social norms and social facts.

3) You’re experiencing cognitive dissonance, because you do wanna date/hook up with him so your mind is subconsciously lying to yourself and pretending like he sees this as” just a friend thing” when he doesn’t, without you even honestly realizing it.

At the end of the day you really only have one good option, which is to stop talking to him bcuz he’s dating someone else and he sees you as more than a friend. Any other option would be selfish and wrong.

Source(s): If you haven’t progressed to the flirt stage, that just means that one or both of you are shy. Or, it means he didn’t flirt bcuz he’s not sure how, or bcuz he’s not sure how you feel, or bcuz you or him didn’t wanna get fired from your jobs. Speaking of which, btw, you can absolutely get fired from your job if his girlfriend catches you guys texting and then floods the company you work at with negative 1 Star online reviews because- as she feels- some hoe from that company (you) is texting her BF when you know he’s in a relationship. If/when that happens, your boss will absolutely fire you in order to contain the situation & appease her. Trust me, me and my hubby own a small biz and if we got bad reviews bcuz one of our employees did what you did, we’d HAVE to fire her, in order to make the reviewer happy so they’d delete the posts. Anyway, you’re playing with fire here, and you’re being the other woman in an emotional affair (whether you acknowledge what that is, or not).
    • Ana
      4 weeks agoReport

If you truly thought he only saw you as a friend, then why are you so afraid to clarify that you’re “friends only” with him? Exactly my point.

• mokrie

You are helping him emotionally cheat on his girlfriend. SHE should be the one he's messaging and not you. What your both doing is wrong and would hurt her for sure.

• Ana
      4 weeks agoReport

Yeah she’s definitely playing dumb and it isn’t gonna end well for her