Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

How do people still know my username after I posted anonymously?

It wasn't just momentarily. This was hours after a post and they called me by my username. I had the blue icon up as soon as I posted the question.

Don't post the same questions over and over. People remember who you are.

• .

Some reasons that may happen:

*They saw it before you changed to Anonymous after it posted

*They saw it in their Notifications https://answers.yahoo.com/notifications even though you were Anon

*Your posting style gives you away

Sometimes if you don't go anonymous quickly enough it appears in their notifications.

Some trolls can be spotted from their tone or trolling habits.

Level 7 users can see through your blue head.

• Daniel

They may have seen it Quickly Before you put it up as Anonymous Either that or if you commented on any Answers your Username is given out when you Comment on Answers

Notification emails use to IDENTIFY who the "Anonymous" poster was, if your account was set to received such emails.

Now, Yahoo no longer sends the emails.........but the NOTIFICATIONS thingy, in the upper left corner of your screen is now working again............just so you know.

I just saw a "notification" that so and so, answered a question I am following. When I looked......their answer was Anonymous.

but I know who posted it.

• Weasel McWeasel
      4 weeks agoReport

also, interestingly.........right after I posted this........I started getting the EMAIL notifications again.
      How odd.

They can not know who you are if they didn't see it before you turned to anonymous. But they could tell who you are by your writing style. Like I can tell one user here who YELLS OUT there writing style using CAPS and answer as if they work for Verizon. Disregard any post like that.

There are a few seconds between the time you post a question or answer and you using the anonymous option that people opening question can see your user name is how. They can also go back to a previous display on their browser hours later. It is possible in the new format to make your question or answer private, anonymous, BEFORE you post the question or answer. Not everyone has the new format in all countries. The one answer I briefly posted as anonymous I quickly edited so it has my user name. I rarely go anonymous.