Poppy
Poppy asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Is it wrong for a college student to be friends with a high school sophomore?

I'm 19 and asexual, we're just friends who met in an online gc but we're really close and the most important person in each other's eyes. Tbf I had just finished hs when we met, so I never considered it a big deal until recently.

As friends, we plan to meet up someday, possibly soon, but I only just realized that such a situation might be creepy. I'm an adult, she's sort of a kid, but we're both female, close friends, and I'm an asexual aromantic, so I have no ulterior motives of any sort. I've never had such a close friend so I'm excited to meet her and value her a lot, but I'm worried my actions might be seen as creepy?

• Foofa
    Best Answer

Ultimately this will come down to what her parents feel is appropriate. Under the circumstances you describe this is a bit odd but not entirely untoward...unless her family thinks it is. She's a minor so she doesn't get to make her own decisions on this one.

No...who cares..As you get older, you will see that age crap really doesn't matter. You are both teenagers with similar hobbies.