Am I able to sue my next door neighbor for their kids being extremely loud outside when playing?

My next door neighbor has 4 little kids. When I get home from work, I always hear them playing outside. It's not child like sounds of kids playing. Instead, it's screeching and screaming sounds of kids. It is so freaking annoying, especially when I'm trying to relax after work.

I knocked on my neighbors door and talked to both the husband and wife. I asked them both to please have their kids play quietly outside. They both look appalled with me asking them this question. The wife said to me, "sir, they're little kids." These jerks think the world revolves around them with their demon kids!! What about my life? What about me wanting to relax with peace and quiet?!

I'm thinking about suing my next door neighbor for noise pollution. I'm I able to do this?

• Daddio
    Best Answer

I think you would have very, very little chance to win

• audrey

If you belong to an HOA, you could try them first. Then try the police, explaining to them you understand the kids need to play, but they're ruining your quality of life. Good luck.

• Poppy

It's only illegal if it's past a certain hour :P

Then you can file a noise complaint :)

Unlikely, but if you want to try, you will need videos showing the repeated problem, preferably during hours when quite would be expected (check local laws)) and you will need at least one police report. If the police won't even create one, you are probably out of gas. Last option: a psychiatrist report.

No , not unless it's before 7:00am or after 10:00 pm . However there is noting to stop you from setting up a few Rainbirds accidentally aimed toward their play area .

Those Rainbirds would be on a problematic timer that goes off at all sorts of crazy times .

Source(s): wink , wink .