When Christians look for bible verses to support their hatred of certain groups, why do they invariably skip Matthew 7:12?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Paul
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

True Christians do not hate anyone. Jesus Christ commanded Christians to love their enemies and to do good for those who persecute them.

• 3 weeks ago

I don't hate any group. I try to love all of God's human children.

• 3 weeks ago

The verse Matt 7:12 doesn't support hatred, but the opposite. Jesus says do to others, what you expect them to do to you. Now you wouldn't go about people hating you, would you?

Please read the previous verse, Matt 7:11 as well, you'll understand better.

• sarah
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

The wicked spirit persons use religion to ferment wars and hate and telling humans "God likes us better than those guys" They also over look the part about helping others is like helping him. www.jw.org

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Joe
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

Please define "hatred of certain groups".

• 3 weeks ago

They always pick and choose what to follow.

• 3 weeks ago

I know a lot of "Christians" and none of them look for bible verses to support hatred. But they do find them that cause them not to condone every deviant behavior that today's secularists want to legislate as "normal."

Maybe you've confused the two. I also don't know anyone who admits to hating any "groups." At least not as much as the Godless here hate believers.

• Carym
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

By our silence we give consent---we send the wrong message. We imply that we agree with the rest of the world's distorted perception of "Truth and Lies," while sinners (unbelievers) are thrown into the torments of Hell every moment of the day.

Paul wrote that in the time before the anti-Christ appears---{the time we are in now}---even those who claim to be believers will rebel against the Truth of God’s Word. In [2 Timothy 4:3] Paul said that they will seek alternative interpretations of the Scriptures that are more compatible with their thinking.

So we need to be bold like Jesus and the Apostles; the Bible indicates to boldly proclaim and correct people in an effort to bring them to repentance [Jude 1:23]; [Acts 20:29–30; [2 Corinthians 11:14-17].

Don't try to read anything else into it, it's hardly representative of hate...

• 3 weeks ago

(Yawn) ... hate the sin, NOT the sinner ... (again) ... next question please.

• 3 weeks ago

Because all they are is "christian"

and they get SO BAFFLED by the last 3-words: "and the prophets".

• Jennifer
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

Do you know what those terribly confusing words mean? Maybe you could explain it for the class.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.