Atheists: I'm what you would call a saved troll so how would you view me?

Like if I was to debate an atheist going by science over religion I would tell them that there was some debate on whether or not the human race started in Africa or some part of Europe. I would tell them that my religion has had the most hype for white people in America around the time I was raised so I believe it. I would tell them that I've experienced the supernatural and because of my upbringing I should be a Protestant Christian, so I am. So this is going to be a two-part question. Are you an atheist that has experienced anything supernatural? Have you noticed the date move backwards, have you transitioned forward in date while watching the day remain the same? Have you walked down the sidewalk and had contact lenses that were your prescription appear in your eyes out of nowhere directly on the cornea of your eyes? if you can chalk this all up to some kind of Star Trek hidden science like a cloaked ship, be my guest; but this is not something that I in particular would do.

Best Answer

I would view you as an imbecile.

I have lived a long life and would say I have personally seen many things that could have been taken as supernatural, but rationally speaking they should have just been taken as unexplained rather than attempting to make up answers. The truth is you can't rule out Star Trek type science, it is most likely that everything is natural and has a natural explanation, even if an afterlife happens to exist, it is more likely due to natural reasons than supernatural reasons. The main problem I see with people like you is that you can't seem to think of the many, many other possible scenarios that could explain the effect you are experiencing, where you jump a multitude of investigative step and just start jumping to conclusions you desire rather than letting actual evidence and reason lead you. When it comes to stories I hear theists tell about having a natural effect and then assigning a magical explanation, I could just as easily assign the effect to any magical being/creature and it works equally as well. Even in nature, there are plenty of things that can appear magical until you begin to understand the real natural reasons behind them. Star Trek science would certainly seem more magical to many people in this time period. There are people who look at large airplanes even getting off the ground as magical, but when you understand aerodynamics, the magic is gone.

• sarah

What do scientists tell us? all humans started out brown and most still are. We were made with the ability adapt to our environment. So it is not evolution but adaptation. So those going North the lighter skin survived to breed. Those going South the darker the skin so they survived to breed. So weather your black or white your a hybrid. Because when they came to the America's from all over the world they all eventually turned brown. Native Americans. That is happening again most people in America are now brown.

Even if they would see a man raised form the dead they would not believe.

• Sky

One step at a time. First, the evolutionary evidence is quite conclusive that the human species started in Africa, supported by fossil and DNA evidence. Second, just because your religion was the most popular among white people or anybody else does not make it correct or true. That is what's called argument ad populum: arguing that because a claim/opinion/belief is widely followed by a lot of people, it must therefore be true (also known as a bandwagon argument). Third, you would have to provide evidence that you actually experienced something supernatural, and that the thing you experienced was in fact supernatural. There has never been any claim of something supernatural that was studied and found to actually be supernatural. You would have to have some extraordinary evidence. Without it you are only telling an anecdote, a personal story that nobody can ever study, corroborate, and verify. Fourth, just because you were raised protestant christian does not make that religion correct or its claims and beliefs to actually be true. If you were born to a hindu family you would be hindu; if you born into a muslim family you would be muslim; if you were born into a jewish family you would be jewish. (And what does your family's religion have to do with your supernatural experience? That sentence seems to be a non sequitur.)

Fifth, your questions of atheists' experiences are really quite irrational and don't make any sense. How can someone experience the date going backwards, or the date advancing while the day remains the same? (I suppose between 11:59 PM and 12:00 AM, there is really no difference in the two days despite the date advancing.) Your questions about contact lenses and Star Trek cloaking just gets more and more bizarre.

So, I would view you as, yes, a troll who just wants to get attention, and is desperately trying to write something that seems profound in order to look more intelligent and important than you actually are. Your nonsensical arguments do nothing to promote your credibility or provide any sort of evidence for your religious beliefs.

Are you suffering from autism or ADHD or something along those lines?

No, don't be silly.