Does my bi friend like me?

We started talking bc of similar political beliefs, she knows I'm asexual (aroace), so we eventually started saying stuff like "I love you", but platonically ofc. Our close relationship keeps getting closer and now she always tells me I'm the most important person in her life, and in the world, I kept thinking it's exaggerated talk but by now it seems genuinely honest. She sends me selfies with hearts, talking to me very sweetly and personal things, and our "I love you's" have become more blunt with her, such as saying "I want you".

Since from the start it's been nothing more than platonic, I'm thinking she doesn't mean this in the romantic/sexual way but it's hard to tell from an outside perspective. One of our friends started "shipping" us even though we all know I'm asexual. We've also always sent wholesome memes to each other but some of hers say things like me being the only "boo"/"candy" she needs. I'm worried she might be liking me too much, more than platonically, but she's always liked dirty jokes, so maybe that's just part of her fun?

Btw, we're both female so I thought it normal for female friends to be so "friendly" with each other

• Ana

It’s funny when Asexual people always assume that just because they don’t like sex, that nobody else will ever view them sexually or wanna date them/hook up with them.

That’s about as stupid as a guy thinking that must because he wants to save his money to get rich and never spend it, that therefore it means no girl is ever going to want him to take her out to dinner or buy her anything. 😂

Like yo, don’t take this the wrong way, but the world doesn’t revolve around you

Also, it’s normal for STRAIGHT girls who are “friends” to send hearts to each other or jokingly say “I love you” bcuz they’re HETEROSEXUAL, AND NORMAL.

Your friend is LESBO. She LIKES CHICKS. So if SHE says “I love you” to you, it means she’s hitting on you! Duh!

This advice is free, and I'm not a qualified professional, so don't sue me for what I'm about to say.

You laid the groundwork for a sexual challenge when you declared asexuality then made gestures the friend interpreted as romantic. You may have set up a challenge for her to seduce or otherwise elicit a sexual/emotional response from her. Or, even more complicated, she may have "fallen" for you as a romantic interest.

Re-examine your posture as asexual before you discuss this further with her. You may have hit the jackpot.

Personally, I think she's attracted. And you being asexual offers that forbidden fruit challenge aspect of it.

If you clam joust with her Id suggest she likes you.