My boss sent me an email about an investigation and is making me comply and sign a NDA?

I have no idea what they want to meet with me about. The email just states “I am conducting an investigation to determine the facts and gather information concerning allegations made in regards to one of your colleagues.” During the interview I will ask you questions and take notes based on your responses. Afterwards I will prepare a declaration statement based on the information you provide and will meet with you a second time to obtain your signature on the statement. Additionally you will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure agreement. You are required to cooperate fully in this administrative inquiry including providing full and truthful information. Refusal to cooperate in this investigation may result disciplinary action up to including removal. You have the right to be accompanied by representative/union representative while you are being questioned.” I’m not sure what this in reference to. It says one of my colleagues I started this job in August and it will be 90 days nov 3. I work a job under the department of defense but it’s lower level. The only people I communicate wth a work is the trainer I’m assigned to and two other ppl across the room. My trainer was next to me when I got this email and I asked him did he get one to and his said no and has been overthinking all day because thinks it’s about him he even asked me did I file a complaint on him and I said no if I did I wouldn’t have asked you about the email. Do you think I’m in trouble based on this info?

• `

I agree with Gypsyfish." If you were the one being investigated, they would tell you what the accusations are.

• Maxi

If the investigation was about you then you would have been suspended from work they would not have sent you an email

It is probably something you did outside of work, not at work. Like talk to someone you met about your job. A low level job like "I assemble the parts that make the stabilizer for the F35 fighter" mean you know all the shapes, sizes, assembly and electrical details of the black box that gives it its capabilities. There are a lot of people who would like to be your friend. So the FBI checked on you, and found out you talk.

Get a lawyer to accompany you.

That seems pretty clear to me. Someone you work with has been accused of something- stealing, maybe- and they want to ask you if you know anything about it. You are not in trouble if you answer the questions truthfully. The NDA is requiring you not to tell anyone else what you know. That's a little bit questionable- the company may cover up something like toxic dumping, in which case, you SHOULD be a whistleblower and let the relevant government agency know.