Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 4 weeks ago

I don't WANT to have a hysterectomy I have NO symptoms & feel healthy but they want to take my cervix, my uterus, my tubes cause pre-cancer?

in my cervix. What should I do? Should I say no or yes?

Say no. Go to a different doctor. They rarely know what the f#ck they're doing. Don't trust them.

I have never heard of a full hysterectomy that was performed based on pre cancerous growths alone. If your doctor has set you up for a hysterectomy without offering any other options, seek a second (and possibly a third) opinion. If you are very young and not yet had children, doctors are supposed to discuss all options with you before settling on a surgery as serious and permanent as a full hysterectomy. So, you may be confused as to what your scans actually say, if it was advanced cancer and other risks exist, then this would make sense. You cannot simply decide to remove your reproductive organs on a whim. Also, asking random strangers to help you make such a serious decision is purely ridiculous.

Ask for a referral for a second opinion. Many gynecological cancers have few or no symptoms until they are in Stage 4.