lease vs buy use?

I have a new lease with still 2.5 years left. - 229 mo. job changed right after signing so my commute much shorter so im using way less mileage. I was debating getting out of lease getting some used/little older in the 4-5k range plus my insurance wound be lower. we always using my wifes cr for trips and kids so im just using it to get to work.

thoughts?

Early lease terminations are nearly always very expensive, especially one with 2.5 years left. How expensive? Call your lease finance company and ask for your early return payoff (not buyout). Be prepared for a shock.

Check out these web sites: www.swapalease.com and www.leasetrader.com. You can try to get someone to take over your lease, then buy whatever you choose. Buying used is always a good idea, for anything over $15,000. Then maintenance becomes a factor on cheaper vehicles.

It would cost you thousands to end the lease early.

You don't just have a new lease, you have a new lease CONTRACT. That CONTRACT defines the limits of the deal, and what it would cost to get out of it. Which would likely be a lot.

Might have been an idea before you signed the lease. Now you will have to spend money to get out of the lease.