Jib asked in PetsBirds · 4 weeks ago

Can birds fly out the atmosphere with effort? ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best Answer

I would doubt it. I don't think the air would have enough oxygen and it would get too cold after a while for them to really even want to if they did.

• 4 weeks ago

It's harder to fly than you would think.  We are in some hills and evidently there is an updraft of wind where the geese rise to altitude to catch the north wind in the Spring. One of the more poignant sights is to see flocks of a hundred geese flying in circles to rise in the updraft.  Then, when they hit the north air they form the V and are gone in a few seconds.  The wind blows them north, they don't fly.  The sad thing is that not all the geese have the strength to fly in the circle and keep up with the rest.  It takes maximum effort.  So some fall behind and struggle trying to catch up. Some can't rise to the height and fly alone north as best as they can.  It is just sad to see what is otherwise one of the most beautiful sights on earth.

• 4 weeks ago

no, it's impossible. They can't even fly above the troposphere, any higher you need rocket power or balloon as Daniel G said. :)

• 4 weeks ago

Nope. The air gets too thin and the pressure gets too low. They faint like we do when we go too high.

And you need sufficiently more thrust than they could produce while in the air to break orbit.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • I don't think that is possible because they need the gases trapped in the atmosphere to live. The gravitational pull also proves difficult to pass/ Temperature is also a barrier

• Jib4 weeks agoReport

Or they havent survived/evolved out those conditions. I bet lone birds tried it and got f*cked up high

• 4 weeks ago

They can't even fly above the troposphere, any higher you need rocket power or balloon.

• Jib4 weeks agoReport

All it would take is an angry bird to prove you wrong..

• 4 weeks ago

No. Birds need air to help them get lift. For other birds, like vultures, they depend on columns of rising air to help them glide from area to area.

• mac
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

they would run out of oxygen before that happens,or freeze to death

• Jib4 weeks agoReport

They could adapt to cold and low oxygen.. Oxygen is means to survival not the ends, dolphins push out of water and return back to it. Imagine if Oxygen could be stored for longer time in their lungs when they could go visit the space.

• 4 weeks ago

No........................

• Jib4 weeks agoReport

Then teach them, Mr rocket engineer

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.