My four month old golden retriever got hit by a bus, should I get a new dog or am I not responsible enough?

So this morning I decided to take my dog out on a comfort walk after he broke his legs when I accidentally stepped on him a few days ago. I heard on Yahoo answers that it is good for injured animals to go on short walks to stretch out their muscles. I always try to avoid going to the vet because I don't trust them with my sweet animals. I don't want my puppy to be scared and have ptsd for the rest of its life just because it had to go to the doctor. We walked a few blocks and I could tell she was happy because he kept whining and barking at me the whole time. He even tried to play by nipping at me lol she's so sweet. So, we walked to the park for a little bit and I sat down on the bench and let my dog off his leash. He waddled away with only his two front functioning legs and got a stick for me to play fetch with her. I tried to throw the stick, but I accidentally hit him straight in the face with it and he got a bruise on his nose. I begged him to forgive me, and then we both hugged. I felt so badddd omg. Anyways, on the way home, we went past this stoplight. And my dog decided it wanted to chase a squirrel that ran into the road. So I let him off his leash because I just wanted my dog to be happy. He dragged his barely functioning body into the road and right when he did, a huge Bolt Bus drove by going at least 60 miles per hour and totally mutilated my dog's body. I was so sad. After that happened I decided to go home. And that's when I decided to get on here and ask

this question. I think next time i get a dog maybe i shouldn't spoil it as much?

Best Answer

You should wait a while before jumping in and getting a new puppy. Right now things will be very raw for you with your last one getting squashed by a bus. I think there are two positives you can take from this: you and your puppy had a lovely bonding moment right before he dieded (after you hit him in the face with the stick); and secondly he was hit by a bus, which is very environmentally friendly.

No you should not ever own a dog again. You are too irresponsible.

Get a new dog. I don't see why you shouldn't.

• Nathan

You are not responsible enough. He should of seen a vet immediately, and if his legs were broken then why would you walk him?

• Jojo

Just to say................

• Frank

Troll alert. Sick bastard writing stupid sh!t.

I'm not sure what satisfaction you get posting crap like this, but get help.

• Anna
      4 weeks agoReport

Maybe not but you let him chase a squirrel and go into the road. YOUR fault hes dead for letting him go into the road. Don't get another dog someone who lets their dog run into the road or drag into the road isn't fit to have a dog. Although I doubt this is real.