Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 3 weeks ago

Best response to a friend of mine regarding her bf of 9 years..?

Sooo a friend of mine was texting me the other day and said her bf is buying a house. And he wants to do it on his own. He doesnt want her to have anything to do with purchasing,  credit, money towards it ect. And shes kind of at a standstill. She said a mutual friend said "I'm doing this on my own, I dont want her to have anything to do with the house,  I'm buying it, my money, my credit" and I don't know what to tell her. My first thought 9 years and  ot married was weird, but shes still yound and they got together in their early 20s. I get it, but..my mind just goes to the negative if hes not asking for her help or to contribute it's not a good sign, right?

• R P
    Best Answer

Why do you need to tell her anything? It's none of your business.

If you fell you must stick your nose in someone else's affairs, the best things IMO that you can say are the following:

1. Your friend's BF is a wise man for not buying a house with someone to whom he is not married.

2. Your friend should break up with him and find someone one who will marry her. Her current BF is not going to do so.

3. If she is stupid enough to move into her current BF's new house, she needs to have a written rental agreement since she will be his tenant. Without a written agreement, he can kick her out with only the amount of notice required by your state's landlord/tenant laws.

Source(s): Florida landlord

If they are not married, he would be an idiot to include her...if that's what you are asking here.

Conlusion, In his mind, she is NOT a keeper. Advice her to dump him and move on with her life.

Only a moron would buy a house with their own money and put someone other than their legal spouse on the paperwork as a co-owner.

So simply congratulate your friend for having a non-moron as a boyfriend for 9 years. Then remind her that the word for committed lifelong relationship in which people share resources such as money and home ownership is called "marriage."

It's a good sign that he's smart. Buying a home with someone you are not married to is a giant mess if you break up.

• Maxi

Best response is no response, don't involve yourself in someone elses going no where relationship, if your friend can't see it for herself you do not need to point it out

he wants to have the house to himself in case they break up. wheat is wrong with that. marriages end after 20 years and they re still young and not married

If your 'friend' (LOL) has been with this guy for 9 years and they have made no plans for a committed future together, then its never going to happen.. The fact that the boyfriend is buying a house in his name only, is just a nail in the coffin.

Your 'friend' needs to decide what she wants from this relationship and make a decision...as it sounds like the b/f has long since made his and it doesn't include your 'friend'

He would be stupid to have his girlfriend's name on the mortgage.