Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 4 weeks ago

Should I just live the rest of my life alone at this point? (serious question)?

I've had trouble socializing and making friends since I was 13. When I turned 18 years old and lived on my own, I thought it would be something I'd grow out of, but it never happened. When I went to college I never made friends, or got a girlfriend (still never had one)-I avoided socializing at all costs and lived like a hermit.

I left college and got a job, but nothing changed. I've been at the same job for 8 years, and worked with countless people, but never made a single friend or girlfriend. Many have told me it is my awkward and strange personality that drives people away, but that can't be helped-I am who I am. At this point, I'm almost 30 and I feel like it's too late to do anything. Should I just give on making friends or trying to find a significant other at this point?

Hell no. Don't give up! If you have problems with socializing, there is plenty of help out there. Find a therapist or other mental health professional. You could have social anxiety disorder or something like that.